Directory: Catalog > Water
Heaters > A. O. Smith
A.O. Smith Vertex Power Direct Vent Water Heater (Model GDHE-50)
- 96% Thermal Efficiency
- Continuous Hot Water
- Versatile Power Direct Vent
The GDHE-50 Vertex™ Power Direct Vent gas water heater delivers an unprecedented 96% thermal efficiency rating and is designed specifically to generate a constant flow of 4 gallons per minute, resulting in continuous hot water for your home.
Featuring a 50-gallon tank and a 100,000 BTU gas burner, the GDHE-50 Power Direct Vent delivers a thermal efficiency of 96%, and a recovery rate of 129 gallons per hour. It carries a 6-year limited warranty, and meets Low NOx emission requirements.
Energy Star® Qualified
Helical Internal Heat Exchanger
- Spiral heat exchanger keeps hot combustion gases in the tank longer to lengthen the heat transfer cycle
- Positioned in the center of the tank for more even heat distribution
- Operates at 96% thermal efficiency, which saves money on operating costs compared to a standard 80% efficient gas water heater
Power Direct Vent Design
- Combined vertical and horizontal runs terminating through an outside wall. Vents using PVC, CPVC, ABS or polypropylene pipe. Canadian installations require ULC S636 approved PVC CPVC or polypropylene pipe for venting.
- 2” pipe, vents up to 45 equivalent feet
- 3” pipe, vents up to 128 equivalent feet
- 96% efficient condensing design
- Equipped with condensate drain tee
Side-Mounted Hot and Cold Recirculating Taps
- Allows Vertex to be installed as part of combination space heating/water heating applications
Advanced Electronic Control
- Large LCD display
- Precise temperature control
- Advanced diagnostics
- iCOMM™ Compatible and can be monitored from remote locations. Call 1.888.WATER02 for more information.
Heavy-Duty Anodic Protection
- Anodes provide even more protection against corrosion
Blue Diamond® Glass Lining
- Provides superior corrosion resistance compared to industry standard glass lining.
Top Fired Ultra-Low NOx Gas Burner
- Enhanced Ultra-low NOx burner complies with SCAQMD Rule 1146.2 and other Air Quality Management Districts with similar requirements for NOx emissions of less than 14 ng/j
ASME Rated and CSA Certified T&P Relief Valve
Maximum Hydrostatic Working Pressure: 150 PSI
Codes and Standards
- Meets UBC, CEC and HUD National Codes.
- Meets the thermal efficiency and standby loss requirements of the U.S. Department of Energy and current edition of ASHRAE/IENSA 90.1.
- Complies with the Federal Energy Conservation Standards effective April 16, 2015, in accordance with the Energy Policy
- and Conservation Act, (EPCA), as amended.
Six Year Limited Tank and Parts Warranty
Design-Certified by CSA International
- Certified at 300 PSI test pressure and 150 PSI working pressure. Listed according to ANSI Z21.10.3 - CSA 4.3 standards governing storage tank-type water heaters.
- Gallon Capacity: 50
- Recovery Gallons: 129
- Maximum BTUs: 100,000
- Standby Loss BTUs per Hour: 499
- Power Source: Natural Gas
- Thermal Efficiency: 96%
- Limited Tank Warranty: 6 Years
- Limited Parts Warranty: 6 Years
- Anode: Standard Anode
- Anode 2: Standard Anode
- T&P Relief Valve: Yes
- Pilot Reset Button: Yes
- Ignition Type: Electronic
- Water Connection Location: Top
- Water Connection Size: 3/4"
- Emissions: Ultra-Low NOx
- ENERGY STAR®: Yes
- Digital Display: Yes
- Height: 66 3/4"
- Height w/Draft Hood: 66 3/4"
- Diameter: 22"
- Width: 22"
- Depth: 22"
- Shipping Weight: 255lbs
- Vent Type: Power Direct Vent
Loading times will vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection. After the download is complete, use your browser's back arrow to return to this page.
Lead times vary, depending on the unit. Please contact us for pricing and product availability.
|GDHE-50 NG Vertex Power Direct Vent Water Heater
50 Gallon, Natural Gas, 100,000 BTU
*IMPORTANT: By purchasing this water heater from JupiterHeating.com, the customer is agreeing that the unit will be installed by a licensed, professional heating contractor; that the customer and installer will follow all local zoning regulations, as well as all manufacturer's installation instructions, policies, and warranty requirements; and that the customer has read and understood JupiterHeating.com's Terms of Sale.